Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Older Than Dirt Quiz



I'd posted this in the forums on Etsy and thought I'd share it here, too:

Older Than Dirt Quiz:
Count all the ones that you remember during their original era, NOT the ones you were told about and not ones you've seen in some sort of 'retro' 'vintage' store/display! Your ratings are at the bottom.


1. Blackjack chewing gum
2. Wax Coke-shaped bottles with colored sugar water
3. Candy cigarettes
4. Soda pop machines that dispensed glass bottles
5. Coffee shops or diners with tableside juke boxes
6. Home milk delivery in glass bottles with cardboard stoppers
7. Party lines
8. Newsreels before the movie
9. P.F. Flyers
10. Butch wax
11. Telephone numbers with a word prefix (OLive-6933)
12. Peashooters
13. Howdy Doody
14. 45 RPM records
15. S&H Green Stamps
16. Hi-fi's
17. Metal ice trays with lever
18. Mimeograph paper
19. Blue flashbulb
20. Packards<>
21. Roller skate keys
22. Cork popguns
23. Drive-ins
24. Studebakers
25. Wash tub wringers

If you remembered 0-5 = You're still young
If you remembered 6-10 = You are getting older
If you remembered 11-15 = Don't tell your age,
If you remembered 16-25 = You're older than dirt !

I might be older than dirt but those memories are the best part of my life.

Marge (who ranks as Older Than Dirt with a score of 24 - didn't know what PF Flyers were until I asked hubby)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My score is between 10 and 12. The neighbors had their milk delivered by a uniformed man in a big white truck. The bottle were glass. Don't remember about the cardboard. I was envious because we had to make our milk from a powdered mix.

I'm too young to have watched Howdy Doody. My brother and I loved the candy cigarettes and blowing the fake smoke. My first pair of skates were metal clamp-ons with the key. They pinched so bad.