Monday, March 26, 2012

Where did March GO??

Busy ~ Busy ~ BUSY!!  I've been knitting up several storms lately.   All to do with my YardSellr sales.  Such fun, great folks, and I'm getting more sales on there with HandCrafted than I have in the past 6 months on either Bonanza or Etsy!  Amazing.

These larger Diagonal Tuck Stitch dual drawstring bags have been so popular with folks wanting soft carry-alls for their Kindle or Nook readers.  Some are acrylic, some are all cotton.  They knit up very quickly on my Brother 890 punchcard machine (love that old workhorse of mine!)  I've been using Card #11 from a Toyota set of punchcards. Quite popular.  They're also great as a soft lunch bag.  Tons of different uses!  Great gift bags, too. 



These little Soap Sliver Saver Sacks zip right out the door!  These are quick to knit on a standard gauge knitting machine.  I like to use various fibers rather than all cottons.  Some are blends, some are a roving wrap, some all acrylic.  I was only making all cotton until I got requests for acrylics & blended yarns!  Another use for this lacy little bag is to put a sachet of potpourri (in fine netting) inside and hang it over a hanger hook in your closet, or use it in a drawer.  I like potpourri in my dresser, but never did like just having it in the netting.  So I started using these little lacy sacks to diffuse the scent a bit.  Sometimes, those scents are a bit overpowering!! LOL


The soap sacks usually get shipped out along with a set of my Facial Scrubbies.  The ones here are all cotton, but I have had requests every now and then for acrylics.  Maybe they have a cotton allergy?  Dunno.  I put finger loops on mine, some do, some don't.  I have arthritis and boy, that loop sure comes in handy when you're trying to hold on to a slippery wet scrubbie!   :)  I've had folks tell me they use them for washing up delicate china, too.  
That's what's happening with me and my knitting & crochet. :)  Leave a comment and let me know what crafting you've been doing lately.


Keep on crafting and SMILE!!
Marge

No comments: