Saturday, August 10, 2013

For My Gentle Giant ~

It is 45 years ago today when we first met, my love.  After a whirlwind romance, we married a scant 4 1/2 months later on December 28, 1968.  You promised me on our wedding day that life with you would never be boring.

Oh, my, it sure wasn't!  There were one or two times when I wondered what 'boring' was like!  Some ups, some downs, some joys, some sorrows, some craziness, but we always had an abundance love for each other and for our family. 

Our faith carried us through the hard times and helped us rejoice and thank God for all the blessings.  Especially the blessing of our three fabulous children, Jessica, Eric & Wade.  And they blessed us even more by gifting us and the world with 6 superbly talented grandchildren.

Jesus gently took you into his loving arms on May 11th, 2012.  We had 43 years and 5 months together.  But you will always be with me, Jerry.  Oh, how I miss you so very much.


No comments: