Friday, February 3, 2017

Besides playing with two carriages on my 390 knitting machine, I've been doing a lot of household type chores.  Knitting dishcloths.  Was doing some mending and realized that several of the dish cloths were stained.  Can't put those out again!  So they went to the car/garage/workshop rag bag.  Here's a few that I've made. 100% cotton in a cream color.  Need to get some more Sugar & Creme on cones next time I'm at WalMart. But hopefully they'll have some darker or maybe variegated colors.  That would be nice.

I got very bored knitting dish cloths with white, cream, beige, etc. So decided that since I had a lot of a thinner baby weight cotton white yarn, I would add another color. Didn't work well with the thicker white or cream yarn. So I dug out several balls of left-over Ticaro Flake cotton 8/2. This one is Coral. I have LOTS of Ticaro. Might try plating with 2 strands of Ticaro along with the baby white. Knitting went very easily. No real problems. Except when I sneezed just as I was transferring stitches. Sigh.  Amazing how quickly it laddered down.

I have about a dozen 3-4 ounce balls of Rayon and Acrylic chenille's at the machine right now.  I'm hoping to do some 2-carriage knitting with them today.  Masts on these plastic bed machines all seem to be a bit 'short' and not sure yet how the coned chenille would do.  They're kinda tall.  So testing with the balls first. 

Stay happy, folks and keep on knittin' !!
Marge

No comments: