Friday, February 8, 2008

Double Scallop Trim


This is a great trim that you can do up very quickly. When sewn onto stockinette stitch items, it really helps with the curling of the fabric.

We did this at a seminar umpteen years ago ( I think it was in Sacramento back in the 80’s) and I unearthed the hand-out sheet with my own notes so wanted to share this with you.


Needle Setup: ( Definition – “I” = working or “B/D” position, “O” = non-working or “A” position)

I I O O I O O I O O I I

Use a closed edge cast-on (e-wrap or latch-on) over the working position “I” needles. Get ready to add weights after the first row!

• Machine on HOLD (Russell Buttons/Levers UP)
• Put the two single “I” needles into “E” position.
• Knit 6 rows.
• Release HOLD feature on your machine, knit 1 row.
• Pull the two single “I” needles back out to “E” position, machine back on hold and repeat these steps for as long as you want your trim.

No comments: