Thursday, February 28, 2008

Knit Accent Scarves For Spring & Summer

I used to make bunches of these using a drop stitch cable on my knitting machines in lightweight cottons years ago. When going through my 'stash' of yarns, my 6 year old grand-daughter wanted one made of this fun fur yarn. I knit one up for her and and she loves it!

So using the Brother 390 9mm, I cast on 6 stitches and then did a staggered tuck stitch every other row (the Drop Stitch cable was a NIGHTMARE with all that eyelash stuff!!) so the 'new and improved' version with tuck really helped it not curl in except a slight bit. She was happy. She LOVES my knitting machines and she' really getting quite good with the 9mm. We've got a 'date' to make up a bunch of dishcloths in 2 weeks. I'll put up pics once she gets a few made.

I LOVE being able to share my knitting, whether it's machine or hand with grandkids. When my oldest grandson lived here in town, he was always kinda 'itching' to see the internal workings of the machines! Had to say no a time or two when he found the screwdriver that would dismantle them! YIKES!! He was only 10 or 11 at the time.

Thinking of HAND KNIT, my 'take-along' project for numerous Dr's office visits coming up is this scarf with that same type of yarn, but it's with brighter, summer type colors that I call Rainbow Sherbet. Luscious Orange, Lime Green and Raspberry colors! When I first saw these colors at JoAnn's, I immediately thought of warm summer nights, bbq's and rainbow sherbet.

YUMMMMM!!

~ Marge ~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so love the colors you use!! :)

~Marge~ said...

Thanks! I picked up these skeins of yarn with these gorgeous colors online at JoAnns.