Thursday, May 22, 2008

PIF's

I've been putting up some PIFs on my Etsy Store. So far, 5 of the vintage sewing notions have been requested. 2 more left in my Etsy store and a bunch more to list over the next few weeks. For those of you who may not know what a PIF is all about, here's a brief explanation: PIF = Pay It Forward. It's doing a good deed by giving something away totally free. Seller pays the listing and the postage. No strings. That's the way it's supposed to work.

You will, on occasion, see PIF's that want the postage or perhaps a reimbursement of the listing fee. To me, THAT is NOT a TRUE PIF. Yes, I feel strongly about that. Others have differing opinions. :-) This one happens to be mine.

Have you ever listed or received a PIF? I'd love to hear your comments.

~Marge~

No comments: